I withdraw my information in my earlier post.

I was in a cybercafe in a hurry - and didn't have time to consider
what was said, nor what I was saying myself.

What I said before has little or not merit.

You can make an experimental interface, and parse the html without the
other domain owners co-operation(although it may be considered rude to
do it without his consent). Your interface breaks when he changes his
system.

You can get him to create an XML page, that you can parse, if you have
his co-operation, or you could possibly get him to create an XML-RPC
or SOAP interface to his site.