Quoting Richard Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Just for a test case, write a 10-line ASP script that does something
similar, if much simpler, and pound on it on the same box with the
Padcom clients.

I did that when the problem first appeared. Great minds think alike :-)

I'm betting you'll have the SAME ISSUE, and that the problem has
NOTHING to do with PHP whatsoever.

And you'd win that bet. I thought that would be the proof I'd need to show that it wasn't PHP, but management has some notion that PHP might have somehow tainted IIS.

PHP works fine with IIS and Windows.

I've tried to tell the that there are Fortune 500 companies running PHP on Windows and IIS (there are, right?).

Or, rather, PHP doesn't make IIS and Windows any LESS stable than they
already were without PHP.

:-)

I'll say it again:  There is *NOTHING* wrong with PHP and IIS.

I agree. Unfortunately, I have to prove that to them before they'll look elsewhere for the problem. Ugh.

IIS and Windows are badly-broken, all on their own, without PHP.

:-)

In fact, you could probably get ahold of a Padcom and prove it to
yourself in a days' work, and then get them to agree that if it's not
PHP nor your script that's broken, but Windows+IIS, then maybe they
should just leave the WORKING stuff alone.

Probably won't work.

But that's how office politics work.

Exactly what I'm finding out.

Thanks,