Can anybody point to a good resource of a collection of filtering for
common inputs such as those listed by Chris above?...

I've searched for that and generally found one of two things:

1. Nothing useful.
2. A system so baroque and complex and with so much other baggage, it
would be impossible to integrate.  See 1.

I'm looking more for code snippets or specific Regex functions for
each item, rather than a monolithic Borg-like "filtering package" and
have never one I liked.

That could be mostly my fault due to peculiar requirements, but there
it is.

I'd like to know this too. As well as the examples are in this thread I don't think they handled multi dimensional arrays. It'd be nice if they did. :)