Dear Jasper,

I think the session hash function is set to 32, and MD5 is selected, as the following lines of code show:
function Session($sessionName="SESSID") {
       $this->sendNoCacheHeader();

       //  Session-Namen setzen, Session initialisieren
       session_name(isset($sessionName)
           ? $sessionName
           : session_name());

       @session_start();

       //  Prüen ob die Session-ID die Standardlänge
       //  von 32 Zeichen hat,
       //  ansonsten Session-ID neu setzen
       if (strlen(session_id()) != 32)
           {
               mt_srand ((double)microtime()*1000000);
               session_id(md5(uniqid(mt_rand())));

The sentence die($_COOKIE[session_name()]), when executed, shows this value: 211b78tfl8umggkdh1ak7jrbf3 (a string of 26 characters long).

Thank you very much, again!
Nancy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jasper Bryant-Greene" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>