Ok! I didn't know that was wrong to "top-post"... I think I know what it is now! :-)

/G
@varupiraten.se

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jasper Bryant-Greene" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <php-general@lists.php.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2005 11:48 AM
Subject: Re: [PHP] Distinguishing between multiple browser windows for thesame php session

Gustav Wiberg wrote:
<?php echo $_SELF;?>  ?

Please don't top-post [1].

This will not work. $_SELF isn't even a defined variable, unless you defined it yourself.

PHP works on the server, *before* anything is sent on the client, so it has no way to know client-side things like what browser window you are in.

You could place the value in a hidden form field with JS and then post back to the server, but something tells me you may be approaching the problem in the wrong way. Without more details I can't suggest alternatives, though.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting

--
Jasper Bryant-Greene
Freelance web developer

If you find my advice useful, please consider donating to a poor
student! You can choose whatever amount you think my advice was
worth to you. http://tinyurl.com/7oa5s