in infinite wisdom Vizion spoke thus  On 09/08/2005 09:04 PM:

> Questions:
> 1.
> As I am new to php I would appreciated if someone could help me locate a
> tutorial which not only describes what is in the configuration files (which
> the distributed configuration files do quite well) but also, some
> explanations that might be understood by a php neophyte, plus guidance and
> detailed examples on one might choose on option over another in different
> circumstances. For those who are not familiar with php the configuration
> files can appear daunting.

If you check the php.ini file that comes with the php source code, you
will find it to be heavily commented.   If you get stuck on some ini
setting, you can always double check it with the php manual

> 2.
> Recomendations for forum, wiki and blog modules.

Wiki -> PmWiki http://rajshekhar.net/content/view/24/26/
Blog -> s9y

--
Raj Shekhar