hello,

i recently started using PHP's sessions.  i am finding that the sessions
seem to "expire" after 20 or 30 minutes -- or, at least the variables
which i set, within $_SESSION, are getting cleared after this relatively
short amount of time.

before calling session_start(), i do a few initializations:

ini_set('session.use_cookies', 1);
ini_set('session.use_trans_sid', 0);
ini_set('session.save_handler', 'files');
ini_set('session.serialize_handler', 'php');
ini_set('session.name', 'session-id');

i am not setting the 'session.cache_expire' INI variable, and even did a
check to make sure it was not being modified, and i found that it
contains the default value of 180 (minutes).

furthermore, the *cookie* is not expiring.  i've also checked
'session.cookie_lifetime', and it is 0 (zero, for "until browser is
closed").  i've also checked the browser's cookie list, and the cookie
is still around at the time that i lose my session variables.

does anyone have any ideas as to why i may be losing my session
variables so early?

thank you!