Hello.

My question is:
How do I detect if mysql_connect() failed when I'm surpressing the error message with
@ like
$linkid = @mysql_connect("host","user","pass");
And how do I, if it failes, get the error message?

The manuel says that it:
[quote]Returns a positive MySQL link identifier on success, or an error message on
failure.[unquote]

In my mind I should be able to detect if it returns an errormessage like this:
if(!$linkid)
    $error = mysql_error();
or:
if(!is_int($linkid))
    $error = mysql_error();
Noone of theese 2 types works :-(.
I'm using is_int() because the manuel says that mysql_connect() returns an int. (How
can it then return an error message? I thought that an error message would be some
kind if string :-).)

Here comes another problem, when an error occours I should be able to see the message
with mysql_error() (since the linkid not contains an error message.)

Marcus R.