----- Original Message ----- From: "Sabine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PHP general" <php-general@lists.php.net>
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 6:14 PM
Subject: [PHP] selfreferencing script with output

Hello to all,

I have 2 scripts ( preparing about 1000 mails for pear's mail-queue and sending them) which shall be started by the user.
There are
- limitations of the provider  for the duration of the scripts
- no cronjobs

So I had the idea to write a selfreferencing script like that:

$begin= intval($_GET["begin"]);
$allMails = 1000;

//... prepare / send a portion of for example 50 mails

if (($begin+ 50) < $allMails) {
    header("Location: script.php?begin=".($begin+ 50));
} else {
   echo "Done!";
}

But I want to show the user some output like a statusbar (eventually with pear's Html_Progress) or something like that so he knows the script is still working.

Has anybody of you an idea, a tip for me how to do it?
I don't see how I can do it within the construct above.
Is there an alternative to it?

Thanks in advance for your answers
Sabine

Hi

I don't know if this works, but I think it ought to work:

Set a picture (a line) with width 1, next iteration set the line to width 2, next to width 3...

OR set a picture with width % off <count of mails>

Change picture with dhtml (or if you prefer Javascript and css ;-))

/G
http://www.varupiraten.se/