Chris wrote:
> I'd like to save some program preferences to a txt file where they can be
> recalled and updated at a later time. Basically this will be a variable name
> and a value. Can someone suggest a reference or method to best perform this
> task?
>
> Thanks
> Chris
> BTW: I do not want to use MySql.

Write a regular Windows .ini file like:

; My INI-file (this is a comment line):
key = value
key2 = value2
; It even works with PHP constants (defines) in the ini file
key3 = E_ALL

Reading it in is simple, use parse_ini_file():
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.parse-ini-file.php

You can also keep sections in the .ini file such as:

; a section name uses []
[section1]
key = value
[section2]
key = value

To write this down is easy, just do a foreach on your associative array
and write to a string that you then save into a file if you wish to
update the values here.

Warm Regards,
Torgny