Ross schrieb:
> $width = " <script> document.write(screen.width); </script>";
> //$ross= intval($width);

Yes, this is and will always be zero, because you are evaluating a
string to an integer value.

> echo $width;
> if ($width < 1064) {
> echo "lower";
> $style= "style1.css";
>
> }
> else {
> $style= "style2.css";
>
> }

OK, no I could insert the stuff about server side and client side.
What you want to do is learn about the user's screen width. First of
all, this is a bad idea if I you want to use it for design purposes like
in this case where you include different CSS files. If I have a
1600x1200 screen, I can easily open a browser window at 640x480. And
now? And even if you don't evaluate the screen width but the browser
window's width: What about me resizing the already rendered page? Think
about better designing the page so you don't need to switch the CSS...

OK, enough of evangelism. If you really want to do what you told there:
Evaluate the JavaScript on your entry page. Then do a redirect to that
same page and insert the value into the URL (e.g.
index.php?scrwidth=1280). You can then access this from PHP via $_GET.
It is a good idea to store this value in the session once received so
you don't have to send it around on each link.

AllOLLi