I think you're thinking of "spam injection" through register_globals.  If
so, yes it is vulnerable.

You need to force the variable data to come from the $_POST variable:

[code]

$name = $_POST['name'];
$phone = $_POST['phone'];
$user_mail = $_POST['user_mail'];
$my_email = $_POST['my_email'];

$usermailmsg =
"This is the information you submitted.\n
If this is not correct, please contact us at mailto:$my_email.\n\n
Name: $name\n
Phone: $phone\n

Please feel free to write us with any comments or suggestions so that we may
better serve you.\n
mailto:$my_email\n\n";;

mail("$user_mail", "$subject", "$usermailmsg", "$headers");

[/code]
--

Sincerely,

A.J. Brown

""Peppy"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
I have been working on making my contact forms more secure.  In my research,
the occurence of the new line character \n at the end of the $headers
variable in the  mail function seems to be a security risk and opens one up
to injection of spam email.  This part I understand.  I have been unable to
find out this same information about the message variable.

If I have a variable defining the message like this, can I use the new line
character or am I opening myself up to more spam injection.

$usermailmsg =
"This is the information you submitted.\n
If this is not correct, please contact us at mailto:$my_email.\n\n
Name: $name\n
Phone: $phone\n
Please feel free to write us with any comments or suggestions so that we may
better serve you.\n
mailto:$my_email\n\n";;

mail("$user_mail", "$subject", "$usermailmsg", "$headers");

Thanks in advance for any help.