Quoting Silvio Porcellana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Ok, I don't know if this makes much sense, but you end up with a script
> that gets executed (without user interaction) every 'n' microseconds, so
> your session data is always up to date (at maximum, with a delay of 'n'
> * 2 microseconds).

You'd have to take into account the round-trip to the server and back. I'd say
that on average we're talking seconds here, not microseconds. Besides, a
"ping" every few minutes or so is quite enough.

The real downside I see it having to rely on JavaScript, but that's that.

--
Romanian Web Developers - http://ROWD.ORG