From: Floyd Piedad [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, 19 April, 2001 11:24 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Use of special characters in filenames results in IE
problems

Hi,

I discovered a bug in my program for uploading files, which stores the
filename in the database in order to create a link for it on the web page in
the future.  The bug is when the filename makes use of special characters
(e.g. Oplæg).  When I create a link to the file, the link works with
Netscape.  With IE however, it says that file is not found.  I discovered
that
if I use the "encoded" version of the file name ("Opl%e6g") it works on both
IE and Netscape.  What function or code is used to convert to this format?

Thanks!
Floyd