[snip]
the security for my 'Project' folder (aliases 'phpproject'  where test.php
is under) has

Access Permission:
Read, Script source access, Write, Directory Browsing

Application permission:
Execute(includes scripts)

under window explorer I've allowed Everyone and Internet Guest Account Full
control and both allow inheritable permission from parent. (I'm logged in
with Admin prev)
[/snip]

Using Internet Information Services right click on the folder and then click
Properties. To the right of the Execute Permissions box click the
Configuration button. Click on the App Mapping tab and look for the PHP
extension. If it is not there you did not set up the Virtual Directory
properly.