On Thu, October 27, 2005 3:43 am, Christoph Freundl wrote:
> I have a problem with the persistence of environment variables when
> mixing PHP and SSI (Apache) and I am not sure if I just made an error
> or if this approach cannot work at all.
> So please consider the following files:

I *believe* that there are two different scenarios here:

1. Each "virtual" is a totally separate HTTP request, in the
"stateless" HTTP protocol, and your environment variables in one will
not (ever) survive to the next.

2. Apache is configured to do "virtual" requests as some kind of
"sub-request" and it's all in one single HTTP request/process/thread.
I *think* this is a feature I've read about in HTTP specification at
http://apache.org

If I'm right about all this, none of this has much to do with PHP
really, and has everything to do with Apache and configuration.  You'd
have the same issues in mod_perl or mod_python as you are having in
PHP.

PS Abondon SSI and just use PHP and your headaches will all disappear.
:-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm