Vizion wrote:
I am trying to run Fabforce DBDesigner 4.0.5.6 Beta on:
win xp pro Version 2002 Service Pack 2
PHP 5.0.5
Mysql server 5.0.13 installed from 5.0.13-rc-win32.zip

and as Fabforce have closed their forum due to hacker problems I am hoping someopne here might have some idea how to solve a problem.

I get a 'dbexpress' username/password failure on any attempt by DBDesigner to connect to a database. PHPinfo reports presence of mysqli.

Does anyone have any ideas about  this problem?

david

I think you will need to set up a user account with an old style password in mysql. It worked for me.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html