John Taylor-Johnston wrote:
I'm using PHP Version 4.3.9 and MySQL 4.1.12. I recently upgraded from PHP 4.1.x and MySQL 4.0.x. Basically my SQL below now render empty set. It worked until my upgrade. Basically "ORDER BY relevancy DESC" no longer works, I think!?

I got help building this $SQL here, so I'm hoping Sgt./Corporal what's his name, who answered my original question, is still around. Sorry to be off topic. I see no inpsiration in the relevant part of the Doc: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/fulltext-search.html nor http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/fulltext-search.html

Desperately looking for an answer. Any thoughts?

SELECT *,MATCH (AU,ST,SD)
AGAINST ('johnston' IN BOOLEAN MODE)
AS relevancy FROM ccl.ccl_main
WHERE MATCH (AU,ST,SD)
AGAINST ('johnston' IN BOOLEAN MODE)
ORDER BY relevancy DESC;

John

Hm... You're using literal string 'johnston' for matching. Shouldn't quotes be replaced with backticks (`)?

--
Best regards,
Roman S.I.

http://sf.net/projects/naturalgine/