On 5 Nov 2005, at 00:25, Unknown Unknown wrote:

how do you reference the sessions? do you refrence them *with* the old arrays? because that would obviously be a problem

No, obviously that would be dumb! There is no mention of the old style HTTP_*_VARS arrays anywhere in my code. Smarty does use them by default, but I've turned that off. I'm also avoiding old-style session_register, only using current functions like session_start, session_name, session_destroy and putting everything in $_SESSION.

Someone pointed me at his bug:

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=34542

I've been trying to come up with a small test case but no luck so far (so the bug remains with feedback status). xdebug is now working under 5.1RC5-dev but it doesn't trace quite how I thought it did. I suspect we might have more bug reports if more people were turning register_long_arrays off!

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Putting you in the picture