Since when is a forum more efficent than this newsgroup, forums tend to be more images/content and require more maintainance, this newsgroup is perfect for me and many other people I imagine.

GamblerZG wrote:
AFAIK, there are no "official" forums for PHP. Considering the fact that PHP is a web development tool, such distaste for message boards is ironic at the least. So why exactly there aren't any forums on php.net?

I've monitored this list long enough to predict the most probable replies to this message. To save everybody some time, I will ansver them here, without waiting someone to key them in.

Reply: There are forums on zend.com.
My Reply: zend.com != php.com.

lol, too right, php.com is nothing to do with PHP or zend.com is nothing to do with php.com :-)

R: There is a web interface for this mailing list.
MR: You cant' post new messages there, and it's just another way of showing emails anyway.

R: There is a newsgroup interface.
MR: Yeah, I'm using it right now. But it requires special software, and is terribly slow, unless you have very good connection and moderately powerful PC.

Most desktop systems come with an email client as standard so what special software is required!

R: Forums suck, mailing lists rule.
MR: Not if you don't like receiving 200 messages + spam every day.

If you bother to look when suscribing you would notice two choices,

1. Digest
2. Normal
The first being the one where you get emails, the second is for those who just open their mail client at their own leisure,

R: Synchronizing mail lists and forums is very difficult and nobody will do it.
MR: There is no need to synchronize anything.