Assuming something is not a logical fallacy, just like inability to use inductive logic is not a virtue, but rather an extreme case of sophism (I mean the original sophism, which was a name for a certain philosophy).

> Well, it IS extra work.

If nobody needs forums, than the notion of the fact that creating them would require some activity is irrelevant.

If, on the other hand, forums are needed, than the concern should be phrased differently altogether. BTW, what IS you concern?

> The mailing list exists and, many  believe, work just fine.

Currently, the universe is the way it is and, many believe, it works just fine. Why should we do anything at all?

--
Best regards,
Roman S.I.

http://sf.net/projects/naturalgine/