Am Monday, November 7, 2005, 4:20:25 PM beglückte uns
Manoj ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) mit folgendem Kommentar:

> PNG doen't support CMYK color scheme that's why I want to convert it
> in JPG first and then I want to create pdf file from that PJG file. I
> created pdf file from PJG using fpdf but no idea that how to I convert
> PNG to jpg file (not using any third part tool only uing php).

If you don't want to use the formidable imagemagick package (where the
conversion would be a one line bash command), you are out of look, I
think, because the gdlib often packaged with php doesn't support cmyk
jpeg files. External tool or nothing... ;-)

> Secondly,  My motive is to create Press optimized pdf file rather than
> simple pdf file.

As I said before, from my typesetting experience, PNG file format and
press optimized PDF is something that don't fit together, a cmyk image
isn't something that make a PDF press optimized, you have also look at
the resolution of the images. If I create a file with a layout tool like
Adobe InDesign with 72 dpi images and export it as press optimized PDF,
even when the file is labeled "press optimized", it's a pile of low
quality crap from the prepress view of things. Maybe you should review
your workflow.

Jens

--
This mail was scanned by AntiVir Milter.
This product is licensed for non-commercial use.