Essentially, Ross, you can use $_POST variables as a regular associative
array.  $_POST values come from the posted values in a form.  If you have a
form element called table_name, and your form uses the post method (as
opposed to the get method), your script would have $_POST['table_name']
available to it.  As the example below shows, you can then check its value.
The value of $_POST['table_name'] is the value that was entered in the
corresponding form element.  In this case, you're looking to see if it's
equal to 1.  If you want to output the value of a $_POST variable, you could
do something like

echo "<p>The value of table_name is {$_POST['table_name']}</p>\n";

or if you don't have a free flowing input box you would probably want to
output the value with htmlentities or htmlspecialchars.

echo "<p>The value of table_name is " . htmlentities($_POST['table_name']) .
"</p>\n";

I hope this helps.  The previous posters are right though, there is lots of
documentation out there

Robbert

Ross wrote:
> Sorry I got confused. I am using variable variables.
>
> Disregard.
> ""Ross"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>>Thanks fpr all the feedback on the password but I have another one...
>>
>>How do I use $_POST with variables. Cant find an example of this anywhere
>>on php.net
>>

>>if ($_POST['$table_name== 1']) {

$tablename = 'yourtable';

if (isset($_POST[ $tablename ]) && $_POST[ $tablename ] == 1) {
        echo $tablename, ' has been selected';
}