On Thu, November 10, 2005 4:30 pm, bruce wrote:
> as i understand curl functions (and correct me if i'm wrong). the
> functions
> simply allow the user/app to download/copy the file from the remote
> server,
> where the existing app could do whatever with the content...
>
> this isn't what i want.. i'm trying to figure out if there's a way to
> run a
> chunk of code on a remote server... i'd rather not put the source on
> the
> intial client-app A machine...

The trick, then, is for app B to make its SOURCE CODE available for
curl on server A to snatch.

http://b.example.com/source_code.php?filename=login.php
<?php
  //really BAD INSECURE code for illustration:
  $filename = $_GET['filename'];
  header("Content-type: text/plain");
  readfile($filename);
?>

On server A:
<?php
  include "http://b.example.com/source_code.php?filename=login.php";;
?>

Or you could use curl to get the code and eval it, or you could use
file_get_contents and eval it, or you could get the code, save it to a
temp file, and then include the temp file, or you could...

It's not that it can't be done.  It's that there are so many ways to
do it, we don't know where to start.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm