On 13 Nov 2005, at 00:17, Jasper Bryant-Greene wrote:

seem to do that. I just tried "application/text" since I use "application/pdf" for other applications.

Whatever it's giving the user the ability to do, it's probably because the browser doesn't recognise the (invalid) MIME-Type.

Quite - it's right up there with 'application/force-download'. If you want to suggest (the final choice is not yours to make) that a browser might download something instead of displaying it, set an appropriate content-disposition header instead of setting the wrong type.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Putting you in the picture