David Grant wrote:

Bing,

Have you checked for a php-ldap RPM?

Cheers,

David Grant

Bing Du wrote:

Hello,

PHP has already been installed through RPM. phpinfo() shows
'--with-ldap'.  That's the only information about ldap.  I think there
should be more than that if php were installed with ldap support
properly.  So what should I check and get ldap support added?  Do I have
to download PHP source and go through configure, make and make install?

Thanks in advance,

Bing

Thanks much for the hints. I've just installed php-ldap. Now running the script from the command like works.

% php test.php

<h3>LDAP query test</h3>Connecting ...

But in a web browser, it shows:

LDAP query test
Connecting ...
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ldap_connect() in /home/user/public_html/test.php on line 17

hmmm...

Bing