Jay Blanchard wrote:

But I sure would like to see the URL once he has clicked it. Have you tried
changing to $_GET['page']? Again, all of this is just for giggles....but
there is likely to be a clue.

On privacy policies in IE (can he try another browser?) what is his setting?

I'm still waiting on definitive word as to what exactly his privacy settings are. In my experiments, manually setting IE to "Always Allow" or "Always Block" cookies for a domain will completely override privacy settings. I've had IE privacy set to allow no cookies, and manually added the domain to "Always Allow" and this overrode the no cookies setting.

For kicks and giggles, I changed $_REQUEST to $_GET, but he reported no difference. Again, I don't see this as being the problem, since if it were so, he'd get no output at all instead of "Cookie NOT set." I'm quite convinced this is a matter of his cookie simply not being set. He is not able to ever see a cookie for this domain in his temp internet files folder, though he tells us there are other cookies there.

I wish I could tell him to just use another friggin browser, but it would be nice to fix it so he can use the one he wants, no matter what words one can say about his choice. ;)

I have not looked into it, but do some internet security apps like Norton try to block certain cookies? I've not come across this, as I don't really use those programs, but right now I'm grasping for straws.

thanks for the help so far,
kgt