I have a news-script on a webpage. Or an eventscript you might call it.
This lists up events thats gonna happen on a given day. ie concerts and
sportsevents.
To get this deleted without having to log on to the adminpage when the event
is over would have been a great relief.

1. Is it just as simple as writing a query that executes and removes news
with yesterdays date?
Even simpler, why don't you keep the data instead of deleting it and write a
query for the homepage which only displays events whcih occur in the future?

2. And how should I set it to execute if so?

If you do want to execute a regular PHP script to delete data for some
reason, look into cron (*nix) or task scheduler (windows)