> the normal way of doing session 'closing' is by way of 'garbage
collection'
> - every now and then a script/process/function is run that 'closes' any
> sessions which are (according to your criteria) inactive. php has stuff
> built it that will do this for you to a degree.
> -----
>
> Is there a way I can access sessions from other users on a script?
> If yes I could store the session id on a table and later check if isset.

You could write the session id into a table when the session is started,
along with the start time.
Something like

sessionid CHAR|starttime DATETIME|lastvisittime DATETIME

You could then update this table each time the user visits a page, and
delete it if the interval between starttime and lastvisittime is longer than
you want. A cron job/scheduled task could be used to clean this table up
periodically