Robert Cummings wrote:
On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 09:42, Jochem Maas wrote:

Bing Du wrote:

Hi,

In Perl, hash can be stored in a file like this:

tie(%contact,'SDBM_File',$tmp_file,O_RDWR|O_CREAT,0666);

How the function should be implemented in PHP if it's possible?

file_put_contents('/path/to/your/file', $someFingArray)

Shouldn't that be:

file_put_contents('/path/to/your/file', serialize($someFingArray));

<brain_fart>
well I thought so too (its what I wrote originally) but then I reread
the manual and apparently its not necessary - you can shove an array
into file_put_contents() I have no idea what that has as a result but
then I have not idea what tie() does in Perl ... actually I figured
either the OP would notice and go 'er, hows that work?' or not and
do it blindly (and then suffer the potential consequences - which
would hopefully teach him to RTFM)

if some one can write a line like that in Perl, they should be
smart enough to make some kind of attempt in PHP no? I found the OPs
question annoying but couldn't resist answering something so easy ...
then I thought that a short/incomplete answer was probably better than
writing a great big monologue (so I deleted it ;-)
</brain_fart>

Cheers,
Rob