Mark Steudel wrote:
Hi All,
I've got a little problem where our servers are in PST but the customer
operates in Hawaii (-10 GMT). I believe I can just get the time for them by
doing something like
date("d H i", strtotime('now -2 hours') ); But here's the catch, how should I deal with day light savings ( DST) . In
hawaii they don't observer DST, but in Washington State we do.
We're on php 4.x so I can't use the date_default_timezone_set
<http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.date-default-timezone-set.php>  that
was added in PHP 5
Thanks, Mark

set TZ enviroment variable, it should point to a file containing timezone information for Hawaii, for example:

putenv('TZ=/usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Hawaii');