James Benson wrote:

alter the sendmail configuration file: /etc/mail/local-host-names

If that dont work you need to setup DNS for your machine.

James Benson wrote:

You need a domain name pointing to your IP address for a start, then you either need to configure php.ini to use the correct email or you should pass the additional param to sendmail, as shown below.

Taken from  php.net:

The additional_parameters parameter can be used to pass an additional parameter to the program configured to use when sending mail using the sendmail_path configuration setting. For example, this can be used to set the envelope sender address when using sendmail with the -f sendmail option.

The user that the webserver runs as should be added as a trusted user to the sendmail configuration to prevent a 'X-Warning' header from being added to the message when the envelope sender (-f) is set using this method. For sendmail users, this file is /etc/mail/trusted-users.

The additional_parameters parameter can be used to pass an additional parameter to the program configured to use when sending mail using the sendmail_path.
<?php
mail('[EMAIL PROTECTED]', 'the subject', 'the message', null,
   '[EMAIL PROTECTED]');
?>

James

Dotan Cohen wrote:

On my home Fedora Core 4 box I run Apache 2.0. Sometimes when sending
mail with php no mail is delivered, and I find this in the logs:

<<< 550-Verification failed for <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<<< 550-unrouteable mail domain "localhost.localdomain"
<<< 550 Sender verify failed

So I changed the only email address in httpd.conf to:
ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]

But I still get the error! I did restart apache and even went so far as to
reboot the machine. If I cannot modify the parameter within apache,
then where should I modify it? Within php? Within sendmail?

Do you get this message for all the domains you send the mail to? or you get this message from some specific domains?
Did mails went to thses domains without problems earlier?
When you send mail to gmail.com address check if it is in buld or spam folder.

Regards,

--
Sameer N. Ingole
Blog: http://weblogic.noroot.org/