I just got a new web server with RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 on it. It came with MySQL 4.1.x and PHP 4.3.9 on it. I uninstalled the MySQL 4 and put MySQL 5 on it. When I run a PHP script that has a DB connection in it I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in /var/www/html/mysqltest.php on line 5

I check the PHPINFO and see:

Configure Command has '--with-mysql=shared,/usr'

And "dbx" supported databases has 'MySQL'

However, there is no MySQL section.

I checked in the '/etc/php.ini' file and see:

[MySQL]
mysql.allow_persistent = On
mysql.max_persistent = -1
mysql.max_links = -1
mysql.default_port =
mysql.default_socket =
mysql.default_host =
mysql.default_user =
mysql.default_password =
mysql.connect_timeout = 60
mysql.trace_mode = Off

What is missing that would keep me getting the missing functions error? I restarted apache of course.

Thanks,
Jonathan