Hi,

I'm sending the February meeting details to this mailing list in hopes of getting through to some Houston-based PHP developer that is not aware of our local Users Group.

The group started out in Meetup.com, but recently we built our own website (http://houstonphp.org) to increase the interactivity level between our members and with that improve the participation in our monthly meetings.

We meet at the University of Houston on the first Thursday of every month. We usually have members that do a few presentations each month, on a topic related to PHP and Web Development in general.

If you are interested in joining us and do some networking with other professionals in the Houston area, please visit our website at:

  http://houstonphp.org

Or our Meetup group page at:

  http://php.meetup.com/121/events/4827290/

Next month's details (Thursday, February 2nd, 7:00pm) are the following:

Marc Mojica will give a presentation about quickly creating PHP-based web applications with Macromedia Dreamweaver. This presentation should be highly interesting to new PHP developers that want to get started quickly, and also to experienced developers that want to easen up the design/layout development of a web application.

Joao Prado Maia will present about development with CVS, a revision control system used by most of today.s open source projects. I.ll go over the details of creating a CVS repository, importing modules and start tracking changes to your files. If you are interested, feel free to start reading "Open Source Development with CVS", a free book available online.

We will also have our usual Tips & Tricks session at the end of the meeting, with good tips about interesting PHP components, MySQL tools, Firefox extensions, AJAX/JavaScript libraries and other web development related topics.

The meeting location and driving directions (with a easy to follow map) are available at the following URL:

  http://houstonphp.org/?page_id=4

Hope to see you all in there!

Joao Prado Maia
Organizer