No no no. I'm NOT passing data between servers. It's just two pages on the
same server. One that sets up the session/class and the other page just
re-loads the session.

When I talk about two different servers, I copy the entire source/db schema
from one server to the other so they are clones for all intents and
purposes.

One server works the way I'd expect.
The other doesn't.
SAME code on both. Same schema. Nearly identical LAMP versions.
This is why I'm saying, it's not my PHP code or database or anything like
that.
It must be some kind of server configuration, but I can't figure out what it
would be. I've compared the php.ini files and don't see anything that seems
relevant.