Thanks for the help.

Yeah problem was with php.ini file.

Entry for memory limit is 12MB in the file actually it should read 12M (not
12MB).

sanjay
www.apptility.com

Richard Lynch wrote:

On Thu, January 26, 2006 2:19 pm, sanjay wrote:
I have a strange problem while trying to run php based applications.

Lets start with phpMyAdmin, a very popular open source tool to manage
MySQL written in php.
I have already installed phpMyAdmin and was running fine.
One day suddenly when I pointed my browser at :
http://localhost/phpMyAdmin
Instead of running the phpMyAdmin browser opened a message window with
options-
"Open With" or "Save to disk" .
I am sure its not browser problem because I tried on Firefox-1.5,
Mozilla, Epiphany and Konqueror.

One more point I would like to add here that if I write one small php
program and
save it in as php file (test.php) then
http://localhost/test.php
executes properly

I am using Fedora 2 and apache2, php-4.3x and mysql-3.x were part of
the
Fedora installation.
The only change I made in the /etc/php.ini file was to increase the
memory limit from 8MB to 12MB.
(Then restarted the http server)
Now even php.ini file is in the original state but problem is still
there.
The http.conf file is unchanged.

Can any one give me some sort of idea.

My first WILD GUESS is that way long time ago, you changed httpd.conf
and/or php.ini, but forgot to re-start Apache, and then tested, and
everything worked, so you went on.

Now, when you HAVE re-started Apache, your "fix" from ages ago is
finally kicking in, and you have no recollection of that change.

If you have log files or notes of changes made previously, especially
to httpd.conf, php.ini, or .htaccess, review them -- Keep in mind that
what you are calling your "original" httpd.conf and php.ini file are,
in fact, the ones you modified oh so long ago.

Another tack you can take is to go ahead and save what the browser is
sending you and look at it and see what it looks like.

PHP Source?

Or something else?

Also use telnet or curl (from another box) or similar to get the
headers and HTML that is coming out from the broken pages.