Brian V Bonini wrote:
On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 02:01, Adam Hubscher wrote:

I have a block of XML that looks as follows:

<name>&lt;*_~_*&gt; Røyken VGS &lt;*_~_*&gt;</name>

My question is, can I in any way efficiently (i -stress- efficiently, if anyone read my previous XML and special characters post its a rather large XMl file (breaking 18mb now) and speed is of the essence) cause html_entity_decode to not decode those tags?

What's the end results your looking for?

If you are trying to pass that data straight through the parser try
wrapping it in CDATA.

<name><![CDATA[&lt;*_~_*&gt; Røyken VGS &lt;*_~_*&gt;]]></name>

The information is used to keep a database up to date for a service that was created in order to provide more advanced functionality for the service that made it.

The XML file is not -mine-, and to search for all the html entities and wrap them in cdata before parsing would be kinda silly I think :O

So yea, thats what I was trying to avoid having to do :O