Angelo,
  I am very happy after knowing that it is working. :)

 --Nirmalya

Angelo Christou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello Nirmalya,

Thank you for your response. With the help of your reply, I've now got it
working! :)

Ang.

Nirmalya Lahiri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi,
 you can do this by using unix command 'for'. Please apply the
command written below......& reply me your experiment result.

for filename in `ls *.txt`;do ./edit.php $filename var1 var2;done

--Nirmalya

--- Angelo Christou  wrote:

> Hello List
> I would like some advice from PHP users regarding PHP and the
> command line. I have a PHP script that does a whole bunch of stuff
> to a file on my intranet.
>
> ./edit.php filename var1 var2
>
> Everything works fine but I need to run it on a list of files  -
>
>  ./edit.php invoice00212.txt var1 var2
> ./edit.php invoice00213.txt var1 var2
> ./edit.php invoice00214.txt var1 var2

  PhotoMail  - it's free and works with your Yahoo! Mail.

 PhotoMail  - it's free and works with your Yahoo! Mail.