This is not a PHP solution by any strech, but have you considered using
something
like the HTTrack Website Copier?  (http://www.httrack.com/)  I've used
it to generate
a copy of websites that were then burned to CDs for presentations.  It
works very well
and is available for several platforms.

Sorry that this is not PHP related, but in my mind it's a question of
using the right
tools for the job.

Brady