At 11:46 AM 2/12/2006, Alain Roger wrote:
I have a link in my web page and when user click on this link, i would like
to execute a PHP function with a parameter.
how can i do it ?

If you're using PHP in the usual way as a server-side script, it doesn't run in the same time-frame as user interaction such as clicks. First PHP generates the page and downloads it to the client (browser); then the human interacts with the page.

Therefore in order to trigger a PHP function from a human event, you must request a page or submit a form to the server.

However, it sounds like what you're really after is an immediate response to a user action, in which case you should be using a client-side scripting language such as JavaScript.

If you really do want to execute a PHP function on the server after a client-side interaction, you can:

1) request a page with parameters, such as:

2) submit a form with fields that contain the parameter values:

        <form action="smart.php" ...>
        <input name="thing" value="thang" ... />

3) use "Ajax" technology (XMLHttpRequest) to bring new data into your web page without making a complete reload request.

Paul