I've seen this problem many times before, but I'm not sure what solution was
found.

Possible solutions:

Encrypt the file, make it publicly available, and then give the right people
the encryption key.

Put it behind a .htaccess file allowing only the IP of the correct person -
remove the .htaccess entry after a certain lengh of time.

Why are the videos secure? Copyright? Privacy? Bandwidth?