> George Pitcher wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have compiled php-5.1.2 with apache on Debian and have a
> problem with the
> > include_path.
> >
> > My configure was './configure' '--with-mysql' '--with-pear'
> '--with-apxs'
>
> the '--with-apxs' suggest your probably running php as an apache module,
> if so then you'll need to restart apache for the settings in php.ini
> to take affect.

Jochem,

Sorry, I should have said that I'd done that as well. Still no joy.

One other thing that I have noticed is that if I do 'php -i |grep
include_path' from outside the directory where php.ini is it says
'include_path => .:/usr/lib/php' but if I do that from within the same
directory as php.ini I get the include_path that I have set in php.ini.

Cheers

George