Hello,

> Best group member,
>
> I am sending HTML email with PHP. I use the example code in the manual to
> try, and the email is sent. However, it is not decoded correctly in my
> Outlook. I checked thru webmail clients, and then it work. I thought it was
> my Outlook that was not correct, but I am receiving HTML emails from other
> sources that are displayed correctly. In the bottom I have the email that is
> sent to me, it is displayed like this in Outlook.
>
> Is there maybe something I have to add in the header to get it to work with
> Outlook?

It is hard to tell without seeing your mail composing code.

Anyway, decoding problems usally means wrong encoding. Regardless of the
character set you use, you need to send your messages encoded with
quoted-printable. If you do not do that, long lines may be truncated and
 non-ASCII characters may be swapped by ASCII characters.

Another problem, is sending HTML only messages. This is a big no no.
Well encoded HTML messages do not cause decoding problems but some mail
systems like Hotmail may discard the messages. The right thing to do is
to compose HTML messages with an alternative text part encapsualting
both in a MIME multipart/alternative part.

This is not a trivial matter but it is the right thing to do. If you
look in Google I am sure you will find plenty of tutorials on how to do
it with PHP functions for encoding quoted printable and composing
multipart/alternative messages as needed.

Alternatively, if you do not want to take much time figuring how to do
it yourself, you may take advantage of many existing ready to use
classes of objects for composing and sending MIME compliant messages
like for instance this one:

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
http://www.phpclasses.org/