Hello,

on 02/16/2006 12:36 PM MARG said the following:
> Hi,
>
> I have this site on
> http://www.dte.ua.pt/portulano/
>
> The problem with it is that it tak ages for the images to appear.
> I have several other sites in the same server and this one is the only
> which has this kind of trouble.
>
> I've already pushed up memory_limit in php.ini, but no good :(

Your server is being flooded with excessive connections that seem to
exhaust your server memory.

Consider serving the images with a multithreaded HTTP server dedicated
to static content like images and CSS, like thttp.

Here you may find more details on what you can do to solve that problem:

http://www.meta-language.net/metabase-faq.html#excessive-connections

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos