On Thu, February 16, 2006 3:50 am, Dan Parry wrote:
> I've been getting an error while using a custom session handler
> utilising a
> MySQL database
>
> The error I receive is:
>
> Duplicate entry '<<PHPSESSID_REMOVED>>' for key 1

Looks like your Session ID that you are trying to insert into the
database in your session_start_handler function is a duplicate of an
existing session.

> Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session
> module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

This to me sounds like you have php.ini setting sessions to 'file' and
then you try to change it in, say, .htaccess but php.ini has
session.auto_start turned on, so you've already got an active 'file'
session going, and PHP ain't gonna let you change horses in mid-stream
to 'user' sessions...

Just a Wild Guess.

If you have .htaccess changing the session to 'user', try turning off
session.auto_start as well, and it may fix it.

You may also have to remove all cookies from your browser (and all
user's browsers) to clear out all old session data...

Or, perhaps, you could get away with changing the session ID name of
the Cookie, which might resolve the situation enough that the old
session data hanging around is a non-issue.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm