Satyam wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

im trying to get my regular pattern to allow åäöÅÄÖ but it refuses to,
i have something like this:

[^a-zA-ZåäöÅÄÖ0-9-_ ]

But this dosent seem to work, anyone got any ideas?

Just an idea, try putting a backslash before the non-ASCII characters, perhaps that will force the function to take them literally instead of making who knows what assumption about them. And let me know if it works because we use diacritical marks in Spanish, who know when I might need it.

Satyam

Are these characters multibyte? You might need to use the mb_ereg_match function rather than the regular ereg functions:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mb-ereg-match.php