If you are only avail with date-information then too you can use existing DATETIME field as following query..

INSERT INTO `test` (`testingdate` ) VALUES ( '2006-06-06');

it will take care of itself.

Second way is you can change DATETIME field to VARCHAR (if you're not going to use those dates in date related calculations and MySQL functions etc.)

Both ways it would work fine.

William Stokes wrote:

Hello,

I have a datetime column in MySQL DB. How can I match to that column from php code if I only have the date information available.

2006-02-24 12:00:00  against    2006-02-24

This might be more SQL question sorry about that.

Thanks
-Will