Hi,

What shall one do to avoid people that trys to manipulate my server?

I mysql_real_escape_string() all input from GET and POST.

A long time ago I think I used addslashes or something like that too, so people
couldn't insert php code in their input. Is that still something I should do,
or does mysql_real_escape_string() take care of that too? And is it even
possible for a user to execute there own php code if I not output the input via
the eval() function?

When users input is displayed for others then themself I try to filter out html
tags too.

Anything else I should think of?

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before. Thanks for your time

/Regards Emil