Pat:

I would suggest changing to:

http://.../chkout.php?imagename=NATURE-1.jpg&count=6&continue=Continue+Checkout,

$newqty = $_GET['count'];
$imagename = $_GET['imagename'];

Also, to see what you are actually "getting" try:

echo ("<br/>");
echo ("<pre>");
echo ("GET info:\n");
print_r($_GET);
echo("</pre>");

You might also want to consider taking care of undefined variables -- here's a reference:

http://www.weberdev.com/get_example-3823.html

HTH's

tedd

Ok, this works for one item, but my shopping cart may have (hopefully) dozens of items in it. How do I refer to each new quantity changes for each new row in the table? I was hoping that by making the qty field a name of the image, I would be able to match the new qty up with the right image quickly, but that won't work, obviously.

How can I change multiple items in a list (or all) when the list is dynamically created? My approach may be wrong -- suggestions?

Pat:

You can add numerous items to the url. I don't remember the total number of characters that's allowed, but it's considerable.

If you reach the limit, but might consider reducing the number of characters in your variables, such as: "NATURE-1.jpg" could be n1 where you had a look-up table or you knew what the cryptic code was to make the transformation.

Or you could continue on a course like you were with n1=6 where you know that n1 stands for "NATURE-1.jpg" and the value contained therein is the value for that image.

There's lot's of ways to do this.

As for it being dynamically created, that shouldn't present a problem either -- just treat the url as a string and add ampersands (&) between "variables and their value" pairs.

HTH's

tedd