Mace Eliason wrote:
Hi,

I really don't think this is possible from what I know of php, but I thought I would as the experts.

Is it possible to have php create directories and move files on a local machine. I have created a web portal for a client and now they would like it to upload files to an server, no a problem. But they would like it to also move temp files on the users computer to new directories and then upload the file to the server with no user interation other than clicking go.

I have thought of doing this in vb or c# but I have done very little with these languages, and php just rocks.

Thanks

Scandog

php can only do things on its server and send stuff for rendering to the client.